in Dallas, Tx
Breast Implant Revision
If you are unhappy with your breast augmentation results from a previous surgeon, or notice changes to your implants with time, Dr. Weider can perform a breast implant revision. The revision procedure poses some unique challenges, but an experienced surgeon like Dr. Weider knows what to do to help you achieve the breasts you desire, and he is often sought out for his expertise in this area.
A breast implant revision is a second breast augmentation procedure to address dissatisfaction with the current results. Dr. Weider’s practice offers advanced expertise in revision breast augmentation for women dissatisfied with initial breast augmentation results from other plastic surgeons. During a consultation with Dr. Weider, you will learn about every aspect of revision breast augmentation, including:
- Breast anatomy, including size, shape and skin quality
- Location and shape of your nipples
- The degree of breast sagginess and breast asymmetry
- The complexity that might be associated with your procedure
- Facility choices such as our fully accredited facility or affiliated hospital
- Guidelines to follow to reduce the risk of complications after revision breast augmentation
- Costs for surgery, including surgeon’s, anesthesia, and facility fees
"Dr weider is a very talented doctor and his office staff is fantastic. My wife and friends have been to him for various things. One of them had a facial laceration from falling with a wine glass that was pretty big and he did a great job on that too." Read More >
Dr. Weider performs revision breast surgery to provide improvement for women who need relief from concerns about their previous breast augmentation procedure. Many women turn to Dr. Weider for revision breast augmentation, an area of plastic surgery in which Dr. Weider holds extensive expertise. Women interested in revision breast augmentation may select Weider Plastic Surgery for the following reasons:
- Dissatisfaction with prior breast augmentation from improper placement or migration following surgery
- Capsular contracture involving tightening of the capsule surrounding the breast implant due to scar tissue formation (5% risk of all breast augmentation patients)
- Breast implant leak or rupture
- Bottoming out of the breast implant
- Shift from saline to silicone following FDA approval for cosmetic reasons
- Replace aged breast implants
- Change the size of the breast implants
The time required for revision breast surgery depends upon the complexity associated with the procedure. During surgery, Dr. Weider will make suitable incisions related to the type of revision necessary. Some incisions and suturing may be performed within the underlying breast tissue. Then, Dr. Weider will reshape the breasts, lift them into position and replace breast implants when necessary. Following revision breast augmentation surgery, the breasts will be wrapped in a bandage that may be worn for a few days following surgery.
In the aftercare period, Dr. Weider will provide a list of instructions to follow in order to reduce complication risks. As with all medical procedures, complications may occur, but can usually be managed by Dr. Weider. Dr. Weider will see you in his office within the first few days following surgery to help ensure a smooth recovery. Within a few days, you’ll likely feel like returning to most normal activities, but may refrain from work for five days or so. You may experience swelling and numbness following surgery, which subside over time. Dr. Weider will prescribe medication to ease discomfort.
Following recovery, you will experience benefits that last for many years. Revision breast surgery results may change over time depending upon a variety of factors including aging, weight changes, and pregnancy. Scars will fade in time. Dr. Weider’s patients are usually very satisfied with the results of revision breast surgery.
Dr. Weider is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has a wealth of experience performing all aspects of breast revision. During your consultation, he will answer all of your questions and formulate an individualized plan to help you achieve your cosmetic goals. At Weider Plastic Surgery we are dedicated to ensuring that every patient’s visit to our office is a comfortable, educational and pleasurable one.